Membership brings together all interested African impact investment ecosystem stakeholders and is available at several different levels. Membership can be as an individual, a company or institution, and at regional or international level. The criteria requires varying levels of contributions to support the ongoing development of [email protected]’s activities on the continent.
Membership Criteria and Benefits
The varying levels of [email protected] membership criteria include, but are not limited to:
- The desire to be part of a collective action platform and a vibrant ecosystem of African Impact Investment stakeholders, and to contribute to its ongoing growth and development.
- A willingness to share relevant information with the coordinating body for purposes of dissemination to the members of the body.
- A willingness to contribute towards the creation, functioning, and growth of the coordinating body through the contribution of resources, financial or in kind, and explore mutually reinforcing actions with other members as needed by the body.
- As an investor, members must prove prior investments into social and/or environmental impact enterprises.
- As an investee, members must prove innovation and implementation of socially and environmentally impactful ventures and enterprises.
[email protected] Membership Benefits
Investors will benefit from a focused group and unified voice to bring common issues to the attention of Governments and policy makers. They will gain valuable insights, data, and information from newsletters, brochures, and websites, plus access to collective research.
The impact investment network supports the creation of standards and best practices and assists in deal sourcing and facilitation of connection with investees in Africa.
All the benefits investors receive will promote more effective investment, the sharing of information, and prevent the expense of duplication of actions in the impact investment sector.
Investees will benefit through the provision of an accredited ’label’ verified through external, third party identification against an agreed social enterprise definition, that raises their profile and credibility to investors at continental level.
They will also benefit from connection to capacity building institutions relative to their needs, which will facilitate their readiness and ability to absorb impact investment.
[email protected] membership as an Investee offers the benefits of access to data and information materials that give valuable insights and trends which help build a better understanding of their sectors.
Intermediaries will benefit through facilitated connections with government, investors and investees to ensure all three have access to expert assistance relative to their respective needs.
Intermediaries will also receive access to information that will enhance their understanding of the sector they are working within and offer insights on current trends. They may also receive shared information via databases on various investors and investees.